Ice Hotel Tour
Tour length: 4 - 5 hours
The Ice Hotel needs no introduction, and needless to say, walking through its frozen corridors is something to experience in person.
The tour starts from SkyVillage by heading off onto the frozen river towards Jukkasjärvi, the small town where the famous Ice Hotel is located. The ride towards the Ice Hotel takes about 45min, but first, our guides will stop in the Nutti Sámi Siida (aka ”Sami Camp”), where we will learn about the ancient Sami community, their way of life and their customs. We will also meet and feed Lapland’s reindeer in person!
Once we arrive at our final destination at Ice Hotel, guides will provide an updated introduction on the hotel, and explain what is the process of building such a hotel out of ice every year. Soon after, you’ll have some time to wander around the icy corridors of the hotel and explore their several pieces of art.
- Kurravaaravägen 50, 981 46 Kurravaara, Sweden. Once you get here, please park your car and wait for us. Our guides will take care of you right away, and prepare you for the upcoming adventure.Starting 10.00 am from SkyVillage Resort
- Transfers by car is included if staying in another hotel in Kiruna
Overall and winter boots will be provided
- The tour is 5h in total
- Coffee break includes warm blueberry juice, coffee, tea or hot chocolate
- Price includes winter clothes, coffee break, transport to icehotel by snowmobile and sled, transfer, entrance to icehotel and Sámi Siida Márkanbáiki.
- Min 2 and max 8 people per tour (Children under 4 y.o. are not recommended to join the tour as they might get bored)
- Available from November 30th to 15th of April
Kurravaaravägen 50, 981 46 Kurravaara, Sweden. Once you get here, please park your car and wait for us. Our guides will take care of you right away, and prepare you for the upcoming adventure.
Warm clothing is a must. We recommend that guests have their own warm, layered-clothing. We can also provide overalls and winter boots to guests.
Please contact us by e-mail or phone and we will try to find a suitable group for you to join.
When booking, please provide us with the necessary information and we will see to it that it is taken into account.
Just bring warm clothing and we will take care of the rest, including fishing gear.